Day to day musings of a cat minder/ sitter in North Tyneside and Newcastle upon Tyne . For details of services go to http://www.catminders.biz

Welcome to CatMinders

Welcome to CatMinders


Monday 3 September 2007

Shopping


Ive got my life back and now , as ever , Im a bit manic , as evidenced by working on and almost completing three reports ( which normally take a day each ) by starting at the crack of dawn , working till 4pm when my back ached so much at the pc I had to stop , then Nat and me heading for the metro centre and though we went t for two things only ( one of which we found , the other , the important thing , for D's birthday , not ) acquiring this pile of goodies on the way . Chocolate from a posh shop . We used to have this chocolate delivered once a month but its not good for us or the finances so we stopped , but Oh Bliss to indulge just once more ( as presents , not for us of course ... oh well maybe the £11 slab might be for us ? ) . Face cleansers , called cashmere silk , who could resist that , and some of that Boots No 7 Protect and Survive ( or wa sthat the name of the government campaign to get us all to use condoms a few years back , characterised by gravestones that out the fear of God into me though no one else seemed remotely bothered ) which Ive been psyching ,myself up to for months . A bikini for N some posh deodorant and what more could we want .
We drove home giggling at my attempts to sing Metromission and my pointing of of a womans hairstyle in the car in front of us " look do you see that hair-sticking-out-in-a- pointy-spike" Nat wetting herself "Mum thats called a ponytail " ... pre-senile-dementia again . Oh well . It was fun .
Returning home at seven N announces that I have two nights to sew on her school badge onto the new posh jacket masquerading as school blazer, and to turn up the too long new school trousers , so I set to with the needle and thread though she has to thread for me as my eyes won't do that any more , not even with the new Bargain specs ( the points acquired on my Boots loyalty card having funded the new face creams no less , can't be bad ) . As I sew I plot the next blog , which I write whilst also making a blackberry crumble ( we collected blackberries last night outside the cottage where D used to live before we got him ) . Disaster strikes as I rush to make the entire crumble in three minutes flat before a tv " Silent Witness" begins , and spill blackberry juice all over the surface which stains , horribly and bloodily . N insists on showing D , who is not keen on stains .
Soon my manic post migraine phase will be over . As I keep saying Normal Service will be resumed . But Today has been so much fun .

No comments:

Migraine Days

Migraine Days

Flower and Bee on a Sunday

Flower and Bee on a Sunday

art on a sunday

art on a sunday