Day to day musings of a cat minder/ sitter in North Tyneside and Newcastle upon Tyne . For details of services go to http://www.catminders.biz

Welcome to CatMinders

Welcome to CatMinders


Monday 13 June 2011

Torrential Rain

.. and another thing I love about the Rafters Room is the sound of the heavy rain battering the velux windows and skylights as I go up to bed . Last night was my first night when this was my experience and though I planned to re read The Hours by Michael Cunningham  instead I found myself tweeting something about the torrential rain and before I knew it I was in conversation with several other Twitter fans about the loveliness of rain on rooftops and ... my book was forgotten.
I never thought Id get into Twitter .
Ive never quite managed FaceBook though it can be useful for looking at what people you know are up to and having a look at their latest photos .
But Twitter is about a connection with people you dont know in real life and likely never will . Its a five or ten minute thing which can give you information , help you see things in a different light , let you know whats topical , digest the news for you , and endless other stuff .
I love the way everything connects .
Ive been reading Mrs Dalloway for the umpteenth time recently , then , I see an article in the Sunday supplement about Michael Cunningham and lo and behold as I finish my latest Kindle download and am perusing my shelves for something ( free !) to read The Hours jumps out at me . Its a wonderful book and reminds me of the film and .....

So .... as I fell asleep the rain was still falling and now its blowing a gale here .
But I have managed another blog post ( just ) and via blogging have connected with an old friend today who is doing all kinds of wonderful creative things . More of that later.

How are you all ? You didnt say much ? Thanks for stopping by again ......
Maybe next time I ll have a bit more news , who knows?

2 comments:

BetteJo said...

I love the sound of rain - especially to sleep to. Something so soothing about it. Sounds like you might have found a good sleep formula that is - until the critters find you.

Silliyak said...

Do you have a music/sound system up there? (Even an ipod/ipad) you can get recordings of nature, rain, thunder, birds, wind etc Might be helpful re sleep?

Migraine Days

Migraine Days

Flower and Bee on a Sunday

Flower and Bee on a Sunday

art on a sunday

art on a sunday