Day to day musings of a cat minder/ sitter in North Tyneside and Newcastle upon Tyne . For details of services go to http://www.catminders.biz

Welcome to CatMinders

Welcome to CatMinders


Tuesday 1 June 2010

Freddie, and Freddie .

Last night I watch a tv programme about personality and career, based on the Child of our Time series.
Due ot the DayJob -now look at that- Ive just reversed my to and ot! What does that mean ? is that evidence of presenile dementia or what? Due to the DayJob I have a fair old knowledge of psychometric ( or personality ) testing and can tell you that its no surprise that despite my high intellect ( at school I was a real high flyer) , I am not earning mega bucks . This is largely , apparently because I score higher on Introversion rather than Extraversion , Agreeableness rather than its opposite , and various other traits which I've now forgotten or don't care to elaborate on here ( lest they should put you off hiring me to look after your cats. Ha ha only joking . )

As I watched I noted my daughter multi tasking on her laptop , chatting on her Blackberry , cursing her father who had switched off his phone and was not available to make the necessary arrangements for their trip today to Nottingham to visit her sister who is off travelling in a couple of days time , headed for,  Bangkok, ( gulp)  Cambodia etc . and slipping a glance at the tv from time to time , whilst explaining to me the ups and downs of the social lives of various of her pals. Extrovert? I asked myself ... whatever she is , she is nothing like me. Just as well .

This afternoon a message arrived unexpectedly in my Inbox from Merry , copied from Freddie's blog ( I don't quite know how it came to me)  and reminding me of Tim and Rachel who initially taught me about blogging with their blog about their baby Fred We Love You Freddie . This inspired me to look at the link provided to Merry's blog about their son , also called Freddie  and his very short life and how she and her family are coping. http://www.patchofpuddles.co.uk/ . Her blog is also about homeschooling-fascinating.
Merry writes heartbreakingly about something my sister once tried to explain to me. About having more than one child and the way the love for the new child comes from a different and new place rather than causing a division or a sharing of the love you already feel . So what happens when there is no longer a baby available to accept the love that has been born ? I express it clumsily in contrast to her articulate words borne of pain .
I will read more of her lovely blog when I have the time and the space to take it all in .
You might want to do the same.

No comments:

Migraine Days

Migraine Days

Flower and Bee on a Sunday

Flower and Bee on a Sunday

art on a sunday

art on a sunday