Day to day musings of a cat minder/ sitter in North Tyneside and Newcastle upon Tyne . For details of services go to http://www.catminders.biz

Welcome to CatMinders

Welcome to CatMinders


Sunday 21 June 2009

We're all voyeurs at heart ?



And for those of you who like me would just love to have your very own hen coop complete with nesting boxes and soothing clucking hens making delightful noises around the farmyard , squabbling over worms and weeds and other carefully considered trifles , thanks to a link brought to my attention from D I bring you Hencam.co.uk - More chickens than you can shake a webcam at! Web cam hen-terta. Discovered early yesterday morning I logged on not expecting much and found live streaming and oh bliss , what sounded like a family party entering the hen house with a pile of goodies for the hens complete with wonderful accents reminiscent of my brilliant sister in law Mandy ( still with us in spirit though no longer in person ) .Children were explaining to other children hot to exit the hen house without hens nipping past .. and in the background that grand noise .





I listened in for a while and left myself logged in while real life took over . Our plan to take off to a Goose Fair ( Ovingham ) was taking shape . As I put the finishing touches to my outfit upstairs I heard the most amazing clamour from the sitting room and heard D complaining bitterly about "the racket from these **** hens " . Alice was staring in alarm at the laptop , huddled under the cushion on the sofa . Only Deaf old Pearl the senior Birman was oblivious , parked up right next to the computer for warmth .




The Goose Fair would have been a delight too , had it not been for the tipping rain , and the fact that the car broke down fairly majorly on the way home , necessitating a callout ( again ) to the AA who quipped about my wheel trims and my " clipping the kerbs " ( haha very funny as if ? ) . I appear to have only manual brakes now , the ABS having malfunctioned and the car cant be driven pending .










I have been musing since Thursday on the goverment scrappage scheme and looking at these silly little new "green" cars ( ecenomical on fuel and kind to the environment , hollow laugh ) . That will teach me . My sister texted me " the silly green car is closer than you think " as we sat waiting for the breakdown man , in wringing wet clothes , the dog steaming , and Nat having a mini rant about us getting a poper car that didnt keep breaking down .


It was all good humoured though and nothing could dampen our spirits after an afternoon watching Morris dancers in the rain , eating "Singing Hinnies " , chips with gravy , and fizzy sweets .


That hot shower and the Indian takeaway : such banal pleasures .
All quiet on the Hencam front today . But yesterday was fizzing . I guess every day is different .









No comments:

Migraine Days

Migraine Days

Flower and Bee on a Sunday

Flower and Bee on a Sunday

art on a sunday

art on a sunday