Day to day musings of a cat minder/ sitter in North Tyneside and Newcastle upon Tyne . For details of services go to http://www.catminders.biz

Welcome to CatMinders

Welcome to CatMinders


Friday 8 August 2008

I try to get my migraines under control ....

I seem to be on a major migraine offensive . So far I am not sure to what end .
Above is Nat gearing up to pricking my finger for the York research programme . I have been selected for one of the groups and a sample of my blood is now winging its way to the Intolerance Testing centre . Sounds simple . I should tell you that without Nat it would not be happening ... it took three stabs of that green lance to get the requisite blood onto the wand , and Nat who insisted I kept on stabbing , kept on squeezing for more blood long after I would have wimped out .

I have also started the Migraine Defense , the food supplements I ordered on the internet . I am still within the first two weeks of trialing these and documenting the results in a diary , so far four days no headache , six days with headache , business much as usual but to be expected as it takes two weeks for the stuff to get into the system . What I do like is the melatonin which I started before the package arrived and which does seem to help with sleep and prevent my waking with a headache quite so often . But it makes it more difficult for the dog to rouse me during the night so we have had one or two mishaps in the wet carpet line . Swings and roundabouts . A wet carpet is nothing and Alice doesn't seem too bothered ..... think she makes less of an effort to wake me anyway when its lashing it down outside . And of course we desparately need a new carpet or two anyway ....but need to wait till tiny greyhound is completely sorted before taking that step ?

And , I have started a low carb eating regime ( me , on a diet ? never ! )

Monday sees me taking part in Bioline or some such ... part of a long running medical research project where various health checks will be done so will be curious to see their pronouncements about aspects of my physical state ...

Interesting article in the news about dogs copying their owners yawning . No wonder Alice has transformed into such a sloth , slobbing on the sofa most of the time , grumbling if she is disturbed for more than half an hour out of twenty four .

2 comments:

BetteJo said...

Sounds like it's all positive and that's great. Hope something works!

MsCatMinder said...

Me too .... especially after the stabbing episode!

Migraine Days

Migraine Days

Flower and Bee on a Sunday

Flower and Bee on a Sunday

art on a sunday

art on a sunday