Day to day musings of a cat minder/ sitter in North Tyneside and Newcastle upon Tyne . For details of services go to http://www.catminders.biz

Welcome to CatMinders

Welcome to CatMinders


Wednesday 14 May 2008

New Baby for Rachel and Tim

What a month it must have been for Rachel and Tim . We Love You Freddie Fred's anniversary not a few days ago and now , Brilliant news , a new baby girl Heidi was born yesterday . So far the details are on Facebook but no doubt Tim will be updating the blog soon too . Exhausting Day Job day for me yesterday travelling several hours by car to Ulverston for a meeting so great to return home at seven thirty ,log onto facebook and find message and photos of baby Heidi and both Rachel and Tim looking radiant . Heidi looks so like Fred in all the photos I've seen of him , (bearing in mind that I haven't met any of these people of course ), and I try to imagine how that might feel .

Way back last year I often tried to imagine how any of it might feel to them , to have a baby seriously ill , whom you were always hoping would get well again , living your lives on a hospital ward , trying to keep sane , not to give up hope , trying to give your baby the best days possible every day , attending to your relationship , still seeing your families , watching life going on solely through the eyes of others , through tv , news , the laptop , the blog , your visitors , your friends and the occasional foray into the outside world .

As I was ill myself for part of that spell , I had time on my hands , and much space in my head for reflection . Much of the time though I just couldn't even bear to think how it felt to be in Tim's head , or Rachel's .
They had no choice .
And yet , as people do , they survived , and here they are , with a new baby girl and a whole new chapter .
Look he's done it already .. a new blog I mean .....One more little person joins us....

2 comments:

BetteJo said...

New babies are always a treat! Yes people do survive but you have to marvel at how they do it.

Anonymous said...

Hi - just going backwards. Lovely words and thoughts too. Never fret about expressing your own thoughts on these matters, its nice for us to read.

Just say what you want to really....

XX

Migraine Days

Migraine Days

Flower and Bee on a Sunday

Flower and Bee on a Sunday

art on a sunday

art on a sunday