Day to day musings of a cat minder/ sitter in North Tyneside and Newcastle upon Tyne . For details of services go to http://www.catminders.biz

Welcome to CatMinders

Welcome to CatMinders


Tuesday 22 April 2008

the right job

There must be moments ( or whole days ) when many if us wonder if we are indeed in the right job .

I have just watched fifteen minutes of a wildlife programme hosted by Nigel , who appeared to be lying in a swamp somewhere in very close proximity to some very big brown guinea pigs . They had a name but it was so out of this world I couldn't quite catch it . I'm also high on migraine pills which explains my inadequacies , usually I would have been onto google to check their identity , but I simply stared in amazement and wished I was Nigel as he sounded so happy , so bouyant and so full of , yes joy . Something I feel most days I have a CatCall , but though I do really enjoy my other work , its just not quite the same . faced with someone I am assessing , or sitting staring at my laptop for inspiration as I try to hammer out a report I cannot quite summon the ecstatsy I was sensing was part of Nigels workaday experience , leastways when he was lying in that swamp .

In fact so inspired was I by Nigel that I texted my sister, but not being quite with it got myself in quite a tangle with predictive texting and suggested she take a look at the rodents on no 5 , her reply text came back slightly incredulous " what ? the hippos? " ( amazing how fast things move on channel five ) , my response was meant to say "no the pigsters in the water with Nigel " but pigster read " shirter" ...and water , yards ..... thus a completely incomprehensible text .

" Nigel was with some cute big shirter things in the yards a minute ago ." You've missed them now . ( I wanted to add grumpily , but desisted ) . Somehow my attempt to share Nigel's joy was threatening to take over and I put my phone down , vowing to live in the moment and just do what Nigel did and watch and learn and ... well ... just that .....nothing else .
And I did .
And for the remaining three minutes of the programme it was bliss .

1 comment:

BetteJo said...

Oh wouldn't it be wonderful to pursue a real passion day in and day out? I imagine mine (or yours for that matter) wouldn't have anything to do with shirters or yards though. :)

Migraine Days

Migraine Days

Flower and Bee on a Sunday

Flower and Bee on a Sunday

art on a sunday

art on a sunday