Day to day musings of a cat minder/ sitter in North Tyneside and Newcastle upon Tyne . For details of services go to http://www.catminders.biz

Welcome to CatMinders

Welcome to CatMinders


Saturday 1 March 2008

CatCaller falls for a Crane


Its not often I fall for expensive arty things .
I have periodic obsessions , the latest being the Roomba ,CatCalls: No Greyhound CatCalls: Roombanot that that was arty , but I did really really want one , and I rode that storm and now I'm quite content again just to do the hoovering with the Dyson ( if you get my drift ) . Or rather for D mainly to do the Hoovering with me doing the odd bit now and then .....
I digress .
There was an obsession just before the Roomba but Ive temporarily forgotten what it was .
But this crane , phographed above , is something else .
Spotted this morning at Kirkharle galleryKirkharle Courtyard, Kirkharle, Northumberland, Creative Arts Centre plus Coff , it was love at first sight .
It would sit perfectly in the new , to- be- revitalised porch , albeit tripping people up as they pass .
Alice would love it . I can see her now , mistaking it for a rescue greyhound like herself , and pecking at its neck like she does with smaller , vulnerable teddy bear style dogs on the beach .
I see myself hanging sundries on its beak ( necklaces , scarves , dog leads , the like )
My sister reckons I'm attracted to it for its beak which , like Alice's greyhound snout , bears more than a passing resemblance to mine .
( And hers , for that matter ) .
Ive said it before , I'll say it again . Watch this space .

3 comments:

BetteJo said...

I imagine Alice would be able to knock it over but it would make such a clatter - I wonder if she would ever do it again!

MsCatMinder said...

Hmm ... you have a point . I think it was quite solid ....I might be able to talk myself out of it though . It was quite expensive .
I managed with the Roomba .
But it was lovely . The picture doesnt do it justice . There was something about it .

Anonymous said...

Hi Shelagh
Yes she was rather special! as for Mark he said he has put on his phone diary 'Dont forget to ring mom on sunday' or rather miss call mom so she can ring me back so I can say happy mums day hehe, rob at work so will share my day with bobbijo
take care
Joan

Migraine Days

Migraine Days

Flower and Bee on a Sunday

Flower and Bee on a Sunday

art on a sunday

art on a sunday