Day to day musings of a cat minder/ sitter in North Tyneside and Newcastle upon Tyne . For details of services go to http://www.catminders.biz

Welcome to CatMinders

Welcome to CatMinders


Friday 4 January 2008

Today I have been mostly

shopping for birthday presents .

A trip to town is so much easier when the migraine is under the control of Sumatriptan . I'm wondering if its on its way out now , this being the one that started after the consumption of egg whites in the Baked Alaska on New Year's Eve . Its been well controlled thanks to the Topamax and high strength ibuprofen for three days after the initial Immigran ( to reduce the brain inflammation which the consultant explained can continue for three days . But when still in evidence this morning I resorted to a five am dose of Immigran again and went back to sleep . Alice Greyhound wasn't keen on the beach yesterday so D took her out for a quick run and I stayed put , where I dreamed I was staying in some kind of outdoor boarding school where I had to trudge through pools of slop( my sisters name for mud , living on a farm as she does ) to get to the lavatories ( which of course had no proper doors on them ) . Fairly standard medication induced dream that one I think .
Woke at nine still with headache but got up and stayed up as over sleeping is as likely to cause as to resolve problems , and finally went shopping at lunchtime .

Shopping is also much easier all round when the New Year's Resolution is still an issue , ie to attempt not to buy any new clothes at all ( note use of the word attempt ) , apart from of course socks and things , see previous post . And by the way I've been meaning to ask this for ages , can anyone explain to me how to do that clever thing where you link to a previous post ? ie at this point I would add a link which would give you a direct route back to my post about the new year s resolution ? Or about socks and things and how I am premitted to buy them . I have tried to achieve this on numerous occasions , with no luck .

So I was able to spend all my time pottering in the gift type depts , perusing things I would like to receive myself that are not clothes , even buying one or two little items . And whilst passing bags , a place I would never usually have the time to stop , so busy would I be trying to get to clothes , I spy a pale green bag that takes my fancy . I move on swiftly , until ten minutes later , joining the queue to pay for socks ( cashmere , since I am not allowed to buy clothes I can have cashmere socks ) I realise said queue is long and snakes back right through bags , taking me right alongside pale green bag . I ignore bag . Queue moves forwards . I am parked up now right opposite bag . Without moving towards it I have a feeling it is an expensive sort of bag . pale green , as said , with a leather tag , silvery studs all down the side . I could go on . I hold back from looking , touching or smelling the bag . I do not pick it up . I barely look at it . But I feel it looking at me .
I pay for the socks and hurry out of the store and back to present buying .
Then food , then I am over on my parking ticket , but that bag is calling out to me .
I have not tried on clothes , thus I have more energy . I have no more money than usual as I rarely find anything I like , so I rarely spend money , but much energy attempting to find the perfect item . And there it was , in Bags , just waiting for me , and I didnt even touch it .
And , its on my route out , back to the car , almost .

The bag is with me now .
I am putting off that delicious moment when the tissue paper is removed , and my things are placed carefully inside , and the pile of excess baggage from the old bag is discarded .
Bliss .

3 comments:

Rick said...

The pictures of a pampered cat,

I'm visiting the blogs of everyone that has left a comment on my blog this past year. I'm having a little give-away to celebrate my first annivesary. No gimicks - just fun. I'm hoping you'll sign up.

http://organizeddoodles.blogspot.com/

BetteJo said...

Ooooh - a new bag. Do accessories count as clothing or are they separate?

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

Migraine Days

Migraine Days

Flower and Bee on a Sunday

Flower and Bee on a Sunday

art on a sunday

art on a sunday