Day to day musings of a cat minder/ sitter in North Tyneside and Newcastle upon Tyne . For details of services go to http://www.catminders.biz

Welcome to CatMinders

Welcome to CatMinders


Thursday 17 January 2008

Ms CatCalls the actress .....

I've convinced myself that even with my red nose and bulging and streaming eyes I look like an actress . Or actor ? Isnt there a backlash against the word actress ? I digress .

I pulled up at the barrier of the premises of the building I was visiting this morning to have a conversation about some freelance work ( fostering and therapy , rather than acting , I should add ) , and was waved through without having to leave my car to enter the security guard 's hut as is the norm to explain my business . I should explain that the fostering project I was visiting shares the premises of a local tv company ( anyone out there heard of Robson Green ? ) .

I feel fairly certain the guy waved me kindly through because it was raining and he could see I had just washed ( and straightened , no less ) my hair , but when I arrived at the project and they expressed surprise that no one had phoned ahead to inform them of my imminent arrival , we all agreed it must have been because he mistook me for someone famous .

Obviously incognito , judging by the state of my car , which looked very grubby and somehow vague parked beside the altogether sharper looking four by fours , little mini cooper things with personalised plates and tinted windows , and the occasional advertising vehicle ( fostering ) .
Maybe its time we had a car wash .

1 comment:

BetteJo said...

Do email signatures count as autographs? Yours might be worth something!

Migraine Days

Migraine Days

Flower and Bee on a Sunday

Flower and Bee on a Sunday

art on a sunday

art on a sunday