Day to day musings of a cat minder/ sitter in North Tyneside and Newcastle upon Tyne . For details of services go to http://www.catminders.biz

Welcome to CatMinders

Welcome to CatMinders


Monday 27 August 2007

Rogue Sausage

Last night we had a barbecue and as ever there were some deliciously charred looking sausages left . Having resisted all night to have just one more , I finally succumb at bedtime and take a half sausage upstairs with me . So , carrying the usual mobile , Times 2 ,and half a sausage , as I call at the bathroom I pile up the items outside the door . Somewhat surprisingly , as our cats don't usually eat " proper food " ( you could leave a roast chicken out on the bench and they would walk past it sniffing in disgust ) , when I emerge a few minutes later , Toby and Jessie are squabbling over the half sausage .
I shrugg ( in my head ) and go back down for the other half ( I sound like an expat in India) .
Later ,I hear D come up to bed and can track his passage across the landing then his double take at the rogue sausage mangled on the cream carpet . I hear him tut to himself as he realises what it is and as he comes into the bedroom he relays the story . Kitty was hard on his heels and did the same as him , though with much exaggerated gestures as she turns the corner and screeches to a halt at a safe distance from the offending item , playing the cartoon cat with gusto . I wish I had seen her .
This morning the sausage is gone .

No comments:

Migraine Days

Migraine Days

Flower and Bee on a Sunday

Flower and Bee on a Sunday

art on a sunday

art on a sunday