Day to day musings of a cat minder/ sitter in North Tyneside and Newcastle upon Tyne . For details of services go to http://www.catminders.biz

Welcome to CatMinders

Welcome to CatMinders


Wednesday 29 August 2007

A monkey .....

I go to bed soon after posting last night due to headache and inability to concentrate any more . I fall asleep quickly , wake as N comes up and hearing her look into my room ask if I can have a drink from the water bottle she is carrying . That's the last thing I remember ... headache pills having knocked me out .... D arrives up a bit later to see if I'm still in the land of the living and asks me if there's anythinghe can get me ( he's lovely like that ) .

Apparently I then say "yes , a monkey" .

He then says " Im not sure Im going to be able to get you a monkey at this time of night to which I reply " oh well thats all right then " ( see how accomodating I can be . )

This morning he tells me this is his sign that the medication has kicked in . Apparently Ive asked for a monkey on several occasions.

I wonder if this is connected to when we were little reading the Enid Blyton books and one of the characters has a monkey as a pet and another has a parrot . We would have given our eye teeth for either of these , not content with our smooth haired fox terrier and our cat ( oh and the garage full of pet mice ) . But we were refused . For some reason there was a view in our family that a monkey would wee in the teapot .

I guess my desire for a monkey has endured across the years , to emerge at times of stress...

2 comments:

Wide Lawns said...

Having had 3 actual monkeys in my life I can assure you that you do not actually want a monkey. Trust me on this one. My former cats would also not advise this as they had to administer regular butt whippings to the unruly monkeys who pulled their tails.

MsCatMinder said...

Wow! Someone who actually had a monkey ( or three ) in real life rather than in medication fuelled meanderings and childhood fantasy ....
But the question remains , did they actually wee in the teapot ?

Migraine Days

Migraine Days

Flower and Bee on a Sunday

Flower and Bee on a Sunday

art on a sunday

art on a sunday